Sharing your Talis Elevate resources on your reading list can be done in the same way you manually share your resource in your VLE, MS Teams or any other online platform - with the share URL.
Step 1: Create a bookmark
Where it's not possible to use the bookmarklet tool to harvest the information on your resource, you will need to manually create a bookmark to add to your list.
Select the appropriate resource type for this item. If you're having difficulties deciding here is a list of suggestions:
- For Open Access articles use "Article" - to save you time try and locate the item on the web and bookmark from there
- For Open Access chapters use "Chapter" - to save you time try and locate the item on the web and bookmark from there
- For images use "Image"
- For Videos use AudioVisual Document
- For all other resources (eg. slides, notes, etc.), use "Document"
Step 2: Edit the bookmark, adding a web address field
- Edit the bookmark, select 'Web address' from the Add field menu and click "Add".
- Copy the Share URL from your Talis Elevate resource and paste it into the Web address field.
- Click the tick box next to "Online Resource" to ensure the "View online" button appears on the list.
How does this appear on your list?
Talis Elevate resources will appear as other online resources do, with a few additional features.
- Below the 'Library availability' heading, your student will see an entry for Talis Elevate, accompanied by the % of the resource they have read.
- Below the 'Details' heading your students will find the number of comments and notes above the other details on the resource (publication date, author, etc.).