New releases and fixes for Talis Aspire
This page lists details of new releases and fixes for Talis Aspire, beginning September 2020.
Release Update - 26th November 2020
Bookmarking improvements this week for the following sites:
- Asia Pacific Journal
- Australian Humanities Review
- History in focus
- Refractory: a Journal of Entertainment Media
- The Atlantic
- Tate papers
More information on where you can bookmark from is in this support article: Where can I bookmark from?
Release Update - 11th November 2020
We have released a new integration with Ebook Central which is available in the Reviews area. The integration displays the various Ebook models available from Ebook Central for a given title, as well as pricing that is unique to your institution, to aid with purchasing decisions. More information is available in this support article:
Release Update - 14th September 2020
Students can now see which items on their Talis Aspire Reading List are available in Perlego, and they’ll be able to click straight through to the item page on the Perlego site. They’ll also be able to click through to get a free trial with Perlego (they can hide this banner at any stage).
To support this update, we’ve created some support materials which you can find here:
- Talis Aspire and Perlego integration
- Talis Aspire and Perlego Integration - Student Guide
- Talis Aspire and Perlego Integration - University Guide and FAQs
Release Update - 11th September 2020
Talis Aspire Copyright Clearance can now fully support the workflows of the CLA and ICLA COVID-19 Relaxations. Talis has prioritised this development to support this change in the ruleset. Following an evaluation of the value to our users in these unprecedented times, we felt that this is a valuable temporary addition to the service.
Full details can be found in the updated supported article:
COVID-19 Relaxation to the CLA HE Licence - Talis Aspire
The change consists of the extent override option in addition to the normal workflow:
- Override extent up to 20% or 2 Chapters (whichever is the greater)
- NOTE: To apply the 20% or 2 Chapters, the publisher must be on the participating list.
- Please do take time to remind yourself of the conditions - https://cla.co.uk/HE-licence-terms-amended-covid19 or https://www.icla.ie/he/ as you are manually overriding with your own judgement in light of the relaxations.
If you have had the need to use the relaxation prior to the full workflow being in place please do use Replace Request, so that we can now track and send the data monthly to the CLA on your behalf.
If you have any issues using the new functionality, please do raise a support case.