Talis Aspire features a new integration with Perlego, enabling students to connect with or create their own personal subscription to eTextbooks.
This flexible option gives students the following benefits:
- Provide students with an affordable way to get unlimited access to over 500,000 eBooks and eTextbooks. Perlego is only:
- GBP: £12/month or £96/year.
- AUD: $18/month or $144/year.
- Students can access a 14-day free trial to decide if it is good value for money based on their own individual study needs and budget.
- Gives students more choice on how they access resource list texts. Perlego is designed to complement your extensive library print and electronic collections, and any other existing bookstore integration you have.
Integration options for your lists
There are two Perlego integration options available in Talis Aspire, enabling you to choose the best option for your students.
- Standard integration - As you can see in the screenshot at the top of this article, the standard option features a banner alerting students to how many resources on their list are available via Perlego. Items available on Perlego also feature a 'P' icon on their book jacket.
- Minimal integration - This option adds the Perlego availability where your current bookstore is (under the Alternative availability heading). More information on the minimal option is available at Talis Aspire and Perlego Integration - Minimal option
You can manage which integration is used on a list-by-list basis using the List Integrations Report - find out how in our List Integrations - Report support article.
Here is a summary of the support articles we have put together to guide you on the Perlego integration in Talis Aspire, including a frequently asked questions section we will keep updated.
- Talis Aspire and Perlego Integration - Minimal option
- List Integrations Report
- Talis Aspire and Perlego Integration - Student Guide
- Talis Aspire and Perlego Integration - University Guide and FAQs
If you have any questions regarding the Perlego integration that are not covered by our support articles, please do raise a support ticket.
Changes that we made since the release of the initial integration based on your feedback
- Updated the Standard Integration's banner message to be more informative and less "ad like"
- Introducing a minimal integration that just surfaces the option in the expanded item view.
- Added Library availability and Alternative availability headings to the availability information to make this more identifiable for students.
- When a student visits Perlego via the Free Trial button, Perlego have added a welcome pop-up to give extra information to the student coming via Talis Aspire
- Added the flexibility to apply either version on a department or list-by-list basis. This enables you to canvas opinions from students on a demo list, pilot in a specific department, or apply to specific courses.
We’ve created a video to explain what we’ve done and why - watch it here.