Welcome to the February edition of our Product & Services Update. Over the last few weeks a number of Universities have made the decision to fully enable New List Edit, it has been gratifying to see this switch received warmly by users, we continue to listen to feedback to consider future improvements.
This month’s Product Update webinar looked at progress with Management Information and the dashboards we have been creating, new functionality available to users of our Digital Content Store (DCS) integration, as well as the latest developments for our reading lists.
New List Edit - Rollout Update
There are now 62 Universities using the New List Edit as default, with others making plans to fully rollout in the coming months. We are continuing to use feedback to add additional features and our documentation continues to grow via this article, so if you’re considering a switch soon then please raise a support ticket.
What has been released this month?
- When using the Table Of Contents in a reading list, clicking on a section will now display the section title so you know you are in the right part of the list. This was resolved following user feedback around the navigation of a reading list
- Newly created bundles in Talis Aspire Copyright Clearance under the CAL licence will no longer feature a reference to the recently repealed copyright act
New ideas raised on the Talis Ideas Forum
The Talis Ideas Forum is a great opportunity for you to add your ideas and enhancements you would like to see in Talis Aspire and to view what others are requesting and add your use cases and votes. In the last month the following ideas have been added:
- New role to view draft lists - Vote here
- Improve search in New List Edit - Vote here
- Alert for library notes - Vote here
- Setting a default reading list style for students - Vote here
- Retrieval of deleted lists - Vote here
The following articles have been added as new content to our support site this month:
What bookmarking recognisers have been created this month?
- Books 24x7 (via browser extension only)
- Socialist Register
Is what you are bookmarking working as you expect? If not, please raise a support ticket.
Do you have concerns about a ticket you have raised? Has the urgency of the problem increased? Do you now have tighter time constraints than before? Please email Laura Unwin with your ticket details and the reason for escalation, along with your contact details. We will then work to review the issues and prioritise as appropriate and inform you of the next steps.