This article discusses rollover for universities using the Talis Aspire integration with CLA's Digital Content Store (DCS).
There are two elements to consider for rollover:
- DCS requests are rolled over from year-to-year, creating new requests for your new cohort of students.
- Reading lists are also rolled over from time period to time period. The main reason for this being to ensure each cohort of students are accessing the appropriate version of their reading list related to the content they studied/are studying.
Talis Aspire syncing and rollover in DCS
Once you've rolled over in DCS, this will automatically sync with Talis Aspire (TA) overnight, in the same way new requests are synced between the two systems. As with other DCS syncing you can also choose to manually sync the requests if you want to see these new requests in TA sooner. See details of this manual process in Talis Aspire DCS Integration Updating Talis Aspire by Synchronisation.
To ensure the digitisation is displayed on the correct version of the reading list, you will need to identify and document the order you will be rolling over your offerings. Options being:
- Rollover in DCS before you rollover your Talis Aspire Reading Lists (TARL) - during the sync process with DCS, TA will identify that the DCS item has been rolled over and automatically create a rollover for this request in TA. The newly created request will link to the existing reading list item linked from the old request. Once you rollover your reading lists the digitisation will appear on the new version of the list.
- Rollover in TARL before you rollover in DCS - during the sync process with DCS, TA will identify that the DCS item has been rolled over and automatically create a rollover for this request in TA. TA sees that the reading list has been rolled over and tracks the item through to the new version of the reading list. This new item is then linked with the TA request.
- Rollover in DCS and not rollover in TARL - during the sync process with DCS, TA will identify that the DCS item has been rolled over and automatically create a rollover for this request in TA. TA identifies that the reading list has not rolled over and will link the digitisations to the existing reading list items.
We strongly recommend you use the same rollover order in future years (ie. if this year you rolled over in DCS first, you continue to rollover in DCS before TARL).
For information on rolling over in TARL, read the following support article: Time period rollover in TARL.