Welcome to the October 2019 Talis Product and Services Update
The new academic year is now underway, with all of the challenges it can bring. We have continued to ensure that we are providing you with a reliable service, check out this blog post for how we have achieved this. Accessibility has been a hot topic this month, being addressed in our Product Update webinar, as well as forming the subject of a Community-led webinar.
Are you considering New List Edit?
Adoption of New List Edit continues to grow, with 45 Universities now using it as the default for their tenancy. Do take a look at our New List Edit - Overview article which contains links to the growing collection of documentation we provide to support users. If you would like to enable New List Edit as the default for your tenancy then please raise a support ticket so we can liaise with you about this process.
What has been released this month?
- Some users reported they were having to click twice to save bookmarks via the browser extension, we have now released a fix which addresses this. If using Chrome, please ensure you are using Bookmarklet Extension Version 0.3.6. More information about the extensions is available here.
- In Talis Aspire when bookmarking sometimes two dates were getting captured - one published date and one copyright notice date. We have established tighter rules ensuring only the published date is used.
New ideas raised on the Talis Ideas Forum
The Talis Ideas Forum is a great opportunity for you to add your ideas and enhancements you would like to see in Talis Aspire and to view what others are requesting and add your use cases and votes. This month the following ideas have been added:
- Multiple holdings on one bookmark - Vote here
- Exporting a list in Word or Rich Text Format - Vote here
- Inclusive reading lists - Vote here
- All List Items report to include web address for chapters - Vote here
The following articles have been updated with new content on our support site this month:
- Bookmarking overview
- How to produce SAML attributes when asked by a Talis Support Consultant
- What are our data and service security arrangements?
If there are support articles that you would like to see added please do let us know or if you would like to contribute to the Community Contributions get in touch.
What bookmark recognisers have been created this month?
- Athabasca University Press
- Harvard Business Review at hbr.org
- University of Manitoba Press
- University of Toronto Press
- US Government Publication Information (govinfo) - via browser extension only
Is what you are bookmarking working as you expect? If not please raise a support ticket.
Do you have concerns about a support ticket you have raised?
If the urgency of the problem has increased and you now have tighter time constraints than before, please email Laura Unwin with your ticket details, and the reason for escalation along with your contact details. We will then work to review the issues and prioritise as appropriate and inform you of the next steps.