We want our applications to be accessible for everyone, regardless of device or assistive technology.
Our policy is to meet, and - where possible - exceed the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG) at Level AA. The WCAG covers principles such as colour contrast, keyboard accessibility, text alternatives, as well as ensuring that content can be presented in different ways. A few examples of the ways we meet the WCAG are:
- Our applications include a “skip to content” link which gives you the ability to move directly to the main content of the page.
- We take advantage of HTML landmarks which are recognised by assistive technologies in order to help you move quickly around the application.
- Our applications are designed to respond appropriately to the resizing of your browser window
Our applications are designed to be compatible with the latest and last-but-one major releases of screen readers, including:
- JAWS (2019.1810.64, 2018.1811.2)
- NVDA (2018.3.2, 2017.4)
- VoiceOver (8, 7)
Additionally, screen magnifiers and speech-recognition software can be used.
AbilityNet offer guidance about how to:
- Make your mouse easier to use
- Use your keyboard instead of a mouse
- Talk to your device
- Make your device talk to you
- Make text larger
- Change your colours
- Magnify the screen
Please contact us if you encounter any difficulties using our applications – your feedback will help us make the experience better for all.
Need further support? Click the 'raise a support ticket' button below