In Talis Elevate, you have a number of mechanisms for embedding resources into your VLE:
- via the LTI integration,
- direct sharing of either:
Upload and share resources directly from within your VLE (via LTI)
If you have been told you are able to add content to Talis Elevate directly from within your VLE, please see the relevant user guide below
First, you will need to have uploaded some content to the admin manager, advice on doing that can be found in this article.
Sharing individual resources to your VLE
1. Once you have your file in Talis Elevate, click the 3 dots (ellipsis) icon to the right of the resource title under the Actions menu:
2. You'll then be greeted with 2 options, 'Copy resource link' or 'Copy resource embed code':
- Link - can be shared anywhere in your VLE, via an announcement, discussion board, or an item on the content area of your VLE (this is the most common approach).
- Embed code - This is HTML code that will visually embed the resource in your VLE. You will need to edit your course HTML to do this. See below for guidance on how to do this.
Please note: the way we embed resources has changed. As a consequence, if you have used an old embed code students will receive a message informing them that “the resource cannot be displayed here”, with a link to view the resource in Elevate. You can avoid this message by navigating to Elevate, copying the new embed code for the resource using the steps below, and pasting this embed code to your VLE instead.
3. To add the link to your VLE site, simply click on the “Copy resource link” button, then add this to your VLE site as usual. If possible, set the link to “open in new tab” to ensure your students continue to have the VLE open in the original tab.
Share the playlist for the Talis Elevate module
This method shares all of the content from the module in one go and can be used in your VLE, Padlet, Microsoft Teams, etc. (Please note: Resources will be ordered in chronological order by the date they were added to your Module so please upload based on the order of access you expect/desire). Sharing as a playlist is particularly useful for group work so you don't have to update content in the VLE multiple times.
- Click on the three dots menu located to the right of the 'Add resource' button at the top of the screen
- Click on Copy Playlist link or Copy playlist embed code (we recommend the embed option).
- Add this to your VLE site as usual. If possible, set the link to “open in new tab” to ensure your students continue to have the VLE open in the original tab.
Embedding content into your VLE
- Click on the 'Copy resource embed code' button as shown below.
- Now in your VLE, go to any page with a Rich Content Editor (sometimes just called content editor), click on the HTML button (showing you the page in HTML form), and paste the embed code where you’d like it to appear on the page. If you’re not familiar with HTML coding, try and do this as you develop your pages, so you can just add to the bottom of your page at the time.Once embedded and saved, the resource will look like this in the VLE. Upon clicking the link, the resource will then open in a new tab in the Elevate player.