Welcome to the June 2019 Talis Product and Services Update
Welcome to the June 2019 Talis Product and Services Update. This month we were delighted to complete the granting of access to New List Edit, all universities are now able to experience the new features that are available. We currently have 9 institutions already using New List Edit as the default for their tenancy, with may more expressing interest in changing over the coming months.
New List Edit - update
All universities have now been granted access to the New List Edit, have you tried using it yet? Features we think you will enjoy include the improved 'Add Resource', or cutting and pasting items on particularly long lists. If you would like to enable New List Edit as the default for your tenancy then please raise a support ticket so we can liaise with you about this process.
Are your students experiencing the New List View?
If not then we would encourage you to join over 80 universities now using the New List View interface with their students. Please raise a support ticket and we can talk to you about moving over.
CLA Digital Content Store (DCS) Integration
Talis Aspire allows universities to select their Choice of Clearance Solution, and alongside Talis Aspire Copyright Clearance we also now offer integration with the CLA DCS, allowing you to place digitisation requests directly from your reading lists. Details of how this works can be found in the following support articles, which also include a link to relevant DCS documentation:
- Talis Aspire DCS Integration request form
- Talis Aspire DCS Integration Synchronisation
- Talis Aspire DCS Integration Manual Synchronisation for Existing Requests
If you are interested in making use of the DCS integration, please raise a support ticket.
At Talis Insight Europe we invited nominations for the Talis Aspire User Group (TAUG) Creativity Award. These submissions were turned into posters highlighting the journeys of different institutions with Talis Aspire, and have now been uploaded to our support site. You can view each of them here.
What has been released this month?
It's been a busy month for new releases. Some of the highlights include:
- All users of the New List Edit can now use Quick Add in the 'Add Resource' functionality. As a reminder of how the new Quick Add works, here is a short video.
- You can now assign List Owners in New List View and New List Edit. This change means there is no longer any need to navigate back to the Classic List View to carry out this action, do take a look at our updated support article.
- You can now choose to hide the DOI Available Online link whilst still retaining the DOI as metadata; we also took the opportunity to improve the display of the DOI within the expanded item view. Further details are available here.
- Talis Aspire DCS Integration users can now manually link to existing content in DCS for synchronisation - further details are here.
New ideas raised on the Talis Ideas Forum
The Talis Ideas Forum is a great opportunity for you to add your ideas and enhancements you would like to see in Talis Aspire and to view what others are requesting and add your use cases and votes. This month the following ideas have been added:
- Be able to filter to new edition alerts in reviews - Vote here
- Add book jackets to 'View & Export' -> 'PDF - List' - Vote here
- Option to add a chat widget - Vote here
- Compulsory hierarchy code / customisable text - Vote here
- 'Last Updated' date on All List items report - Vote here
The following articles have been added as new content to our support site this month:
If there are support articles that you would like to see added please do let us know or if you would like to contribute to the Community Contributions get in touch.
What bookmark recognisers have been created this month?
- Biomed Central
Is what you are bookmarking working as you expect? If not please raise a support ticket.
Do you have concerns about a support ticket you have raised?
If the urgency of the problem has increased and you now have tighter time constraints than before, please email Laura Unwin with your ticket details, and the reason for escalation along with your contact details. We will then work to review the issues and prioritise as appropriate and inform you of the next steps.