Welcome to the May 2019 Talis Product and Services Update
Welcome to the May 2019 Talis Product and Services Update. It was a pleasure to welcome so many of you to Talis Insight Europe at the beginning of the month, and we hope you all found the opportunity to hear about new product developments and mix with other Talis users both valuable and enjoyable. You can read about the highlights and our award winners on our blog.
New List Edit - continuing rollout
We are continuing to open up the access to New List Edit, with over 70 universities now having access. This allows us to continue gathering feedback and identify further areas of refinement. If you have not already registered your interest in the New List Edit and would like to be considered in a further widening of access, please raise a support ticket.
Are your students experiencing the New List View?
If not then we would encourage you to join the 70%+ of universities using the New List View interface with their students. Please raise a support ticket and we can talk to you about moving over.
Rolling over digitisations
We have released an improvement to Rollover in Talis Aspire Copyright Clearance. When a request or queue rolls over with no further actions, it will now rollover straight away without the additional step of going into a 'Success' queue to 'Complete rollover'. We hope you find the removal of this step simply a time saver!
NOTE: If you have already started your rollover and have requests with a 'Success' status you will still need to complete the rollover on these requests, this can be done from the Rollover menu. Watch this short video as a reminder.
Browns Books for Students
If you use Browns Books for Students to order titles, you can now request that they are added to the suppliers area in Reviews for quick access. If you would like to enable Browns or any of our other supported book suppliers, do take a look at this article.
What has been released this month?
It's been a busy month for new releases. Some of the highlights include:
- In New List View, if viewing a standalone section that is not embedded you now have the option to 'View list'.
- In New List View the 'Format' field is now visible in the expanded item view.
- In New List View when a Chapter or Article is created, the 'Part of' metadata divider in the expanded view now details the title of the source Book or Journal.
- An issue was reported where the Review status on New List View was not being removed when a Review was completed, this has now been fixed.
- We have improved the Quick Add function in New List Edit to order the editions for a work by published date.
- We have released a change to make the rollover of digitisations more efficient in Talis Aspire Copyright Clearance. We are no longer doing a CLA Check Permissions check at the point of a rollover, you will still have the flexibility to rollover at a time to suit your university. All UK ruleset Talis Aspire Copyright Clearance users will complete this check via the Annual CLA Requirements Checks method as detailed in this article.
- We have fixed an issue where the 'Source of copy' in the requests report was showing the tenancy name only, this now shows the actual 'Source of copy' reflected accurately.
In Talis Aspire Copyright Clearance, selecting the newer edition from the request form was causing the screen to be frozen, this has now been resolved.
New ideas raised on the Talis Ideas Forum
The Talis Ideas Forum is a great opportunity for you to add your ideas and enhancements you would like to see in Talis Aspire and to view what others are requesting and add your use cases and votes. This month the following ideas have been added:
- TADC digitisation and adding priorities - Vote here
With many universities planning rollovers, do make use of our recently updated support articles:
- Rollover overview - Talis Aspire Reading Lists
- Rollover FAQs - Talis Aspire Reading Lists
- Rollover overview - Talis Aspire Digitised Content
- Rollover FAQs - Talis Aspire Digitised Content
- Targeted rollover - Bulk list action
If there are support articles that you would like to see added please do let us know or if you would like to contribute to the Community Contributions get in touch.
What bookmark recognisers have been created this month?
- Scottish Government (browser extension only)
- Royal Society of Chemistry
Is what you are bookmarking working as you expect? If not please raise a support ticket.
Do you have concerns about a support ticket you have raised?
If the urgency of the problem has increased and you now have tighter time constraints than before, please email Laura Unwin with your ticket details, and the reason for escalation along with your contact details. We will then work to review the issues and prioritise as appropriate and inform you of the next steps.