For Talis, user experience is about the engagement of the user and making their experience as efficient and enjoyable as possible, whoever they are and whatever their needs.
Our policy is to meet, and - where possible - exceed the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG) at Level AA.
Talis has a number of support articles, webinars, and blog posts to explain how we support accessibility. Links to these support articles are below:
- Talis Aspire and Accessibility (Europe webinar): We held a webinar for our Europe universities to explain and demonstrate how the list view has been designed with the optimum user experience in mind, for effective use with screen readers, text and icons. This webinar explains the principles behind the design and demonstrates the use of screen reader technology.
- Talis and Inclusivity Webinar: We held a webinar for our APAC universities to explain and demonstrate how the List View, has been designed with the optimum user experience in mind, for effective use with screen readers, text and icons. This webinar explains the principles behind the design and demonstrates the use of screen reader technology.
- Inclusivity and Accessibility community webinar (Europe): In this webinar, the University of Chichester and Leeds Beckett University shared how they have prepared to meet the September 2019 U.K government guidelines on accessibility with our community.
- Web Accessibility Statement: This article details Talis commitment to meeting and exceeding Web Accessibility guidelines.
- Hearing from students at the University of Chichester on the impact of online reading lists: In this blog post, we have a video from students from the University of Chichester on how using Reading Lists from their devices, including screenreaders and magnifiers, help meet their learning needs.
- List View refresh - hear from the team behind the update: In this video hear from Jeremy Baines, Head of User Experience, David Brooks, Senior Developer, and Dan Matthew, Developer at Talis, on how the core principles of performance and accessibility have been baked into the List View for reading lists.
- Talis Aspire and Accessibility (Europe webinar): A member of our development team joined us to talk users through some of the latest updates we've been making to ensure that Talis Aspire is fully accessible to all users.