Product Update Summary
In this month's Product Update Webinar we gave an update on New List Edit, Management Information, and DCS Integration. We also introduced Targeted Rollover as the latest in the growing number of bulk actions which are available.
New List Edit - beta underway
Eight universities are trialling New List Edit, we are working through feedback received so far. The response is positive with many seeing it as a much-improved user experience, and we are working to understand if we can improve aspects further still from the feedback. Thank you to our beta partners for their feedback so far, we expect to make the interface available to more universities shortly.
Have you enabled New List View for all of your students yet?
Over 70% of universities are using New List View as the default for students viewing their lists. If you are not yet using the New List View as your default please do raise a support ticket and we can talk to you about transitioning over.
Targeted Rollover is a new bulk list action that allows you to select subsets or individual lists, giving greater flexibility in the rollover process. You can read more about the process in our support article.
What has been released this month?
In addition to releasing Targeted Rollover, other enhancements have been delivered this month:
- Users carrying out a bulk archive or bulk publish now receive an additional warning message - read more about bulk actions
- We resolved an issue with EBook links in Reviews meaning the actual link rather than an encoded version is now saved
New ideas raised on the Talis Ideas Forum
The Talis Ideas Forum is a great opportunity for you to add your ideas and enhancements you would like to see in Talis Aspire and to view what others are requesting and add your use cases and votes. This month the following ideas have been added:
- Export list in list format with selected citation styles - Vote here
- Section titles in All List Items report - Vote here
- Make lists available only to those registered on the module - Vote here
- Change / hide the 'Copy List' button - Vote here
- Add a search function to the Create & Add to List form - Vote here
- Identify whether latest edition in use, in bulk - Vote here
- Option to switch off Google Book Previews at item or list level - Vote here
- Allow for more than one LCN and display report on these - Vote here
- See a complete list of items removed from lists within a given period with full details - Vote here
- Improve editing items as 'essential' - Vote here
- Assign items to a team with filtering capabilities - Vote here
- Add date(s) / review statuses to the 'review requested' message visible on published reading list - Vote here
- Improve navigation of lists within Reviews - Vote here
- Ability to turn off prompt to update metadata in all occurrences of a bookmark when this is formatted as a Chapter - Vote here
- Show importance in item view - Vote here
- Ability to request digitisation for an image - Vote here
New support articles
If there are support articles that you would like to see added please do let us know or if you would like to contribute to the Community Contributions get in touch.
What bookmark recognisers have been created this month?
Is what you are bookmarking working as you expect? If not please raise a support ticket.
Do you have concerns about a ticket you have raised? Has the urgency of the problem increased? Do you now have tighter time constraints than before? Please email Laura Unwin with your ticket details, and the reason for escalation along with your contact details. We will then work to review the issues and prioritise as appropriate and inform you of the next steps.