Enhancing integration with your book suppliers
We are delighted that this month we have been able to turn on deeper integration for those of you using Askews & Holts as a book supplier.
If you would like to know more or are keen to see other suppliers integrated please raise a support ticket.
New List Edit - beta underway
Eight universities are trialling New List Edit, we are working through feedback received so far. The response is positive with many seeing it as a much-improved user experience, and we are working to understand if we can improve aspects further still from the feedback. Thank you to our beta partners for their feedback so far.
Have you enabled New List View for all of your students yet?
We are now up to 70% of universities using New List View across all lists. This is really encouraging and great to know that so many of your students are benefitting from the changes and enhancements. If you are not yet using the New List View as your default please do raise a support ticket and we can talk to you about moving over.
What has been released this month?
January has been a quiet month, however, we have been busy releasing small fixes and working on some of our big areas of continuous improvements. These include:
- List Edit - continuing to respond to feedback from our early beta testers, and planned areas of increased functionality
- DCS Integration - Working on the end to end process to submit a request from Talis Aspire into DCS and retrieve course content from DCS into Talis Aspire
- MI Dashboard - Pulling together the base data from our data warehouse and working out the best UX in order to display that information effectively
New ideas raised on the Talis Ideas Forum
The Talis Ideas Forum is a great opportunity for you to add your ideas and enhancements you would like to see in Talis Aspire and to view what others are requesting and add your use cases and votes. Since November the following ideas have been added:
- Customisable text and labels - Vote here
- Show editor details in Reviews screen - Vote here
- Notes for student in New List View - Vote here
- Add the ability to produce a PDF from a draft list - Vote here
- Journal jackets - Vote here
- Add Browzine’s PDF download links - Vote here
- Student numbers to reflect published or draft list status - Vote here
- Being able to archive a draft list - Vote here
- Batch complete rollover in TADC - Vote here
- More editing options for dictionary entries in TADC - Vote here
- Remove trigger for “Existing electronic copy available - referred” in TADC for known sources where we cannot link to online - vote here
Do you know how to export and print your reading list?
If not, then this article is for you: Exporting and printing your reading list
If there are support articles that you would like to see added please do let us know or if you would like to contribute to the Community Contributions get in touch.
What bookmark recognisers have been created this month?
- Berghahn Journals
Is what you are bookmarking working as you expect? If not please raise a support ticket.
To join our developer community, please email email@example.com. To see previous newsletters, please visit the Talis blog.