The extension is now available for Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox in their respective stores.
These extensions also aim to resolve the following issues:
Chrome - We have recently uncovered an issue with Google Chrome Version 69. that prevents the install of our Talis Aspire Bookmarklet, this is a short-term issue as the next update to Chrome will resolve this.
Note we do not intend to replace the existing bookmarklet in Talis Aspire at this time.
Adding to Microsoft Edge
1. Follow this link to open the Talis extension in the Microsoft Store
2. Once you then need to click Get and then Install
3. Then switch the extension 'On' and you will see the Talis logo appear.
4. First time you go to use the extension you will need to select your university name and save
5. Now you can start bookmarking as normal, but instead of using a bookmark in your favourites you just click on the ‘Talis’ icon in your toolbar. If you have any questions or queries please raise as support ticket.
Adding to Chrome
1. Follow this link to open the Chrome extension
2. Click on 'Add to Chrome'
3. Select ‘Add extension’
You’ll now need to configure your extension to work with your reading list tenancy:
4. Right click on the Talis logo which is now visible in your toolbar
5. Select ‘Options’ and select your university name and save
Now you can start bookmarking as normal, but instead of using a bookmark in your favourites you just click on the ‘Talis’ icon in your toolbar. If you have any questions or queries please raise as support ticket.
You can add a keyboard shortcut to activate this extension by going to chrome://extensions/shortcuts, locating the Talis Aspire Reading List bookmarklet extension, and adding in your own custom keyboard shortcut.
Adding to Firefox
1. Follow this link to the Firefox Add-ons menu
2. Search for Talis Aspire
3. Click on 'Add to Firefox' and then
4. Click on 'Add'
5. Right click on the Talis icon that has now appeared in your bookmarks bar and choose 'Manage Extension'
6. Select your institution from the drop down and click 'Save'
Now you can start bookmarking as normal, but instead of using a bookmark in your favourites you just click on the ‘Talis’ icon in your toolbar. If you have any questions or queries please raise a support ticket.