Product Update Summary
We would like to update you on the progress of some of our key product development themes.
This month sees a focus on Talis Ideas, and how we plan to improve our processes in this area Presented by Zena Amos - CI Product Analyst.
List UX Refresh
A quarter of universities are already using the new list view for all their lists, with many more enabling some of their lists. Please take time to review the new functionality and consider your university’s approach to rolling out to students. Many are choosing to use the new list view on all freshly rolled over lists to ensure that there is a fresh look ready for the start of the UK and Europe new academic year. APAC universities still to make the switch may wish to consider the start of Semester 2.
Development has been steadily progressing on the new list edit functionality and this is a continuation of the list view refresh improvements. We have started engaging with a small number of universities for initial UX feedback and will look to widen participation to those that have registered interest in early beta in the next stage.
If you have questions or wish to know more please raise a support case.
Considering your rollout options? Then the following article may help you in making your decision, this has been updated with a useful video you can link to as student guidance: Recommended steps to rollout the new list view at your University.
Releases of Interest
Stay up-to-date with our releases by regularly visiting our Product Update page, where you can view all release information, including all improvements or fixes released in Talis Aspire. The Product Update is available from the top navigation bar on the Talis Support site. Releases that you may be particularly interested in are:
Talis Aspire Reading Lists (TARL)
- Improvement - You are now able to relink reading list sections via LTI, when using the new list view by default.
- Improvement - We now support the WAMProxy route in new list view and have updated those Universities that this applies to. This will allow students viewing online resources off campus to access them easily through your Proxy service in the same way they could in the classic list view.
- Fix - We have fixed a reported issue concerning filters in the All List Items report. The filters were being treated as an OR rather than AND boolean search. This has been corrected so that multiple filters work with each other to narrow results, rather than additionally include results where only one value might be present.
Talis Aspire Digitised Content (TADC)
- Improvement - You can now change the requester as part of the edit request functionality, see article Edit request - Talis Aspire Digitised Content for updates.
- Fix - Following an issue where students were being directed to create a TADC Profile when viewing embedded scans, we fixed the logic so that this will no longer occur in those circumstances.
Talis Ideas Forum
Following feedback at Talis Insight we are going to start sharing with you a summary of the new ideas raised each month so that you can add your votes and use cases. For more details on the Ideas Forum, please see this article.
This month as part of the regular Talis Product and Services webinar we focused on the Ideas Forum do see the detail above for access to that recording. If you didn’t ask questions on the webinar but have questions you would like answered please do raise a support ticket.
- Talis Aspire Reading Lists
- Please could an alert for review automatically go through when student numbers are changed. The hierarchy and student numbers can be opened out of the edit field. List writers can just change the student numbers press save and close down the list and no one is any the wiser. Vote here
- Talis Aspire Digitised Content - no new ideas raised this month
Support Articles of Interest
- We have seen a few tickets being raised in support in recent weeks about the functionality of the online resource button and how this is triggered. As a reminder, do read our Online Resource button support article.
- Many universities are currently either considering or carrying out their rollovers and the associated tasks. If you’re using LTI then please read our support article on what to expect in your VLE/LMS.
Our Community Contributions continue to grow. We cover a wide spectrum of topics from time saving top-tips to making the most of Google Analytics. If you have something you wish to share with others then please let us know by raising a support ticket.
Talis Aspire Reading Lists now supports bookmarking from over 270 different sources. You can see the full list of sites and databases that Talis supports in the following article - where can I bookmark from?
Bookmarking recognisers which have been added this month:
- ADR Bulletin
- Bond Law Review
- The Guardian
If you bookmark from a site and would like to see improvements, or if you’ve noticed that a site has been updated and isn’t bookmarking very well anymore, please raise a support ticket.
Things to Think About
Would you like to organise a review with the Talis team? This would be focusing on getting the most from Talis Aspire and ensuring Talis Aspire is working as efficiently as possible for your university. Please email Alison Spencer (email@example.com) to organise a call at a time that works for you and your team.
To keep up-to-date with the latest work that Talis are doing, do check out our blog.