These are the tasks required to perform a rollover in Talis Aspire Digitised Content. It should be noted that you will likely want to schedule internal discussions to plan for your rollover. Responsibility for each task is indicated.
Should you wish Talis to provide some additional support or consultancy around planning for your rollover, please get in touch.
Steps to success
- If you have Talis Aspire Reading Lists (TARL) it is important that you liaise with the team that manages this. The reading list rollover needs to happen before the digitised content rollover. Updated September 2017 - If you decide to not rollover in TARL we have now made improvements to the Rollover in order to cater for this scenario, please see Improvements to Talis Aspire Digitised Content Rollover.
- Decide how you wish to queue your rollovers, this can be by course code, dates, time periods or requester.
- A queue can be no more than 225 requests, so if you have a large time period to rollover you may need to split the job into smaller queues.
- Once queued, you have the choice to:
- Pre-clear - You can only edit the dates using this option
- Edit and Pre-clear - You can change the dates, course codes, course names and requester details for requests using this step but multi-selection of requests
Want more detail on the processes and decisions to be made please view this webinar