These are the tasks required to perform a rollover in Talis Aspire Reading Lists, some of these tasks may be repeated if there is more than one time period to address. It should be noted that you will likely want to schedule internal discussions before you begin rolling over. Responsibility for each task is indicated.
Should you wish Talis to provide some additional support or consultancy around planning for your rollover, please get in touch.
Steps to success
- University: If you have Talis Aspire Digitised Content it is important that you liaise with the team that manages this. The reading list rollover needs to happen before the digitised content rollover.
- University: For each existing time period, define date to perform the rollover. Find out more about time periods.
- University: For each existing time period, determine the new time period to roll to.
- University: Request to add new time periods via a support ticket. Include the following detail:
Time Period Name (<start date> to <end date>) dates formatted as YYYY-MM-DD
- University: Advise the Talis Support team of the date/s you plan to carryout rollover.
- Talis: Add the new time periods to the tenancy and confirm to University.
- University: Determine if the lists should rollover as draft or published.
- University: On scheduled day - rollover your reading lists for the selected time period. The actual rollover runs in the background and can take up to 48 hours. This can be monitored from the 'review jobs' screen.
If you want more detail on the processes and decisions you need to make please view this webinar.
This is a short video showing the process: