This article is a guide on how to use Reviews in your tenancy.
The Reviews refresh aims to improve your reading list reviews process by identifying lists and items that have changes which require attention, and providing all of the available information you need to help make your acquisitions and collection management decisions.
The reviews page features:
1. Multi-select capabilities - It is now possible to perform an action on one or more lists. The relevant actions buttons will be enabled based on the review status of the selected list(s).
2. Alerts - A new Alerts column provides a quick snapshot for the list. For more, see our How do alerts in reviews work?
3. Instant changes - When a list is in the process of being reviewed and an academic is concurrently working on editing the list, the changes to existing items refresh at the same time as the review which is in progress. When new items are added, the review needs to be exited and gone back into to view the new items.
Single list Review
The single list review screen has had the most significant user interface and functionality improvements.
- List header - contains information about the list and the review, typically found at the top of the old reviews area.
- Filters - the filters remain the same but there is an additional filter for “Alerts”. **PLEASE NOTE: if you are using a monitor that is 1280 x 1024 and have the zoom set at standard, 100% you may need to shrink it down to see all the filters on the top bar.**
- The left hand side contains the list items. After selecting one, the item detail and review information is displayed on the right hand side of your screen.
- Changes are highlighted in pink.
- Item metadata and review information are in the item detail panel on the right.
- The usual actions live at the top of the page.
- Outcomes and comments live at the bottom of the Item detail panel.
- “Other instances of this item” - this is the default setting. It displays outcomes and comments from all instances of this item on other lists (using the identifiers found on this item).
- “This item” - displays the outcomes and comments made about this item on this list and will include historical comments made on previous reviews
If you encounter any problems while using Reviews please raise a support ticket and let us know:
- That you are using Reviews
- What part of the system is causing a problem.
- Which review is the problem occurring on.
- Is it affecting all users or just one?