This guide is designed to introduce to the reports available in Talis Aspire Reading List (TARL).
There are 5 standard reports available in TARL. Access to these reports is managed via the 'view reports' permission. This permission can be added to any role in your tenancy via a support ticket (see What is a role and what is a permission?).
To check if you already have this permission, login to your TARL tenancy and look for 'Reports' in the Talis menu bar.
What reports are available and what can they show?
Click on the report name to see more information on each report
- All List Items - This report has great versatility. Filter your report by resource type, whether it is in a published or archived list, item importance, allocated time period, or by date range filters.
An example use could be a "must order" report using the following filters - all books in the current time period, with a core/essential importance, not currently in the library catalogue, on a published list.
- All Lists - This again is a very versatile report, allowing you to see all lists, or filter to specific list status/combination of statuses (eg. published and archived lists, or published lists with unpublished changes). You can search for a specific list owner’s surname, or find all lists not linked to the hierarchy, and even filter by lists that are private to see how many there are for a given time period.
- All User Profile - This report allows you to see all users that have created a profile. You can filter by job role (as chosen by the user in their profile) and Talis Aspire role, and whether the profile is private or public. By clicking on the surname, system admins can view the user's profile in order to revoke a role or see what permissions a user currently has.
- List Copy Actions - This report displays all instances where a list has been copied in your tenancy, when it was copied, and by whom. This report is particularly useful when planning for rollover - allowing you to identify potential duplicate lists where academics have manually copied lists into a new time period. Post-rollover you can delete duplicates by working through the report.
- Hierarchy Snapshot - This report displays all the hierarchy nodes in your tenancy. It provides useful information when preparing to update your hierarchy using the hierarchy upload feature in TARL.
- All Reviews - This report displays all Reviews that have been requested, started, completed and archived across your tenancy. This allows you to see how long a review takes from the date requested to the date closed, and who has been working on the review.
Re-sorting the data
Certain column headings have sort icons on them (little up and down arrows) - click these icons to re-sort the report by that column.
What's export to CSV?
By exporting to CSV (comma separated values) the data can be read by a number of software programmes so that the data can be manipulated further, through sorting, filtering and queries.
How up-to-date are the reports?
These reports present real-time data - as soon as you make a change this information is available in the reports.
Are you regularly running the same report and have to set the filter each time? Bookmark or 'save to favourites' in your browser the report screen with the filters set. You can then click on the bookmark or favourite link to access the report with the saved filters. If you are using different date ranges each time, you will still need to set these manually.