If you ever decide to leave us (which we are sure you won’t), then we will work with you to get the data you need into your new system.
For each Talis module these are standard data exports:
- Talis Aspire Reading Lists — A standard export of one file for each published list in the current academic year, delivered as CSV and JSON formats. Customers are expected to use this data alongside the standard reports to build a picture of each list.
- Talis Aspire Digitised Content — A standard export of all requests that have ever been created as a CSV file, along with the PDF associated with each request.
- DCS Integration – A report of all items on lists which are linked to the DCS. This is a standard report available from within the application as a CSV download.
Both Talis Aspire Reading Lists and Talis Aspire Digitised Content have standard reporting features which can be used to export reports as CSV files - these can then saved for posterity. It is the customer's responsibility to run and export these reports as needed.
You can be given Talis Aspire Reading List API access to extract further data if you want anything that is not in the standard exports.
We would provide a standard test export of 5% up to a max of 500 records, followed by a standard final export.
As part of working closely with you to help identify your data needs, we’ll put in place a project plan to fit in with your other project timescales.
- You'd typically initiate this by raising a support ticket
- We will ask you some questions about your requirements - and have a call with you
- We will advise you about how to access the data you need and what is included in the standard exports.
- We will advise you at this point if anything you have asked for requires additional consultancy to extract the data, though it is rare that the standard export does not include access to all the data needed. This might be because you want us to export it in a particular format or include some data that is not normally part of the standard export.
- We'll then set timelines for the extract and ensure it is scheduled
You should expect to start this conversation a minimum of 8 weeks before you need the data export in order to ensure that conversations and any additional work required can be scheduled.
Other new-vendor system formats or mappings to new fields may be available but we would want to discuss this with you prior to any export. We reserve the right to charge for additional effort over and above our standard export, and in all cases we will give you clear proposals and estimates to help you in your planning.
Once your contract with Talis Aspire comes to an end, access to your tenancy, and therefore your data will be turned off and the data will be deleted. This is an automated process and failure to plan a data export ahead of time will incur additional charges to re-instate and extract data that had previously been disabled. Some data may be unrecoverable in this scenario.