This guide advises you how to get access to your full Copyright Agency (CA), formerly Copyright Agency Limited (CAL), report from Talis Aspire Digitised Content (TADC). PLEASE NOTE: This only applies to those reporting through CA in Australia.
Once CA provides you with dates of your next reporting period, you will need to action the following:
- Raise a support ticket telling us the date that yourCAL reports are due to start, and when they are due to complete.
- Talis will then enable the full CAL report export functionality so that you can download the incidental artworks report required to complete your reporting.
- Once your reporting is complete Talis will turn off the ability to complete the incidental artwork report and DK (Don't know) instances report COMING SOON!.
If you have any questions around this then please do raise a support ticket.
Selecting the monitoring period and exporting the report
- Enter the start point of your monitoring period into the 'Start' date box:
- If you are asked for a progress file early in the monitoring period you will be given an earlier end date to filter on at this point, enter this date in the 'End' date box:
- Amending your 'End' date for subsequent versions of the report or final report
- On Export this will provide all Copied, Communicated or Both requests in that given period, excluding any simply live that do not meet that criteria.
- If only Communicated works is requested (or just Copied works) this can be filtered in the exported report in MS Excel.
- Anniversary requests need to be handled in a separate export/s, click the 'Filter by anniversary' and first select 1 in 'Number of anniversaries'
- Once you have exported the first set of Anniversary requests, repeat for the 2nd and then 3rd year if any requests appear in that report.
Below is a short screencast of the process described above
Understanding the dates
- Note that the report identifies the communicated date in two ways:
- If the request fulfilled (copy uploaded) date is before the course start date on the request, the start date is the communicated date as this is the date the scan was accessible by students.
- If the copy was made after the course start date on the request, so a late scan for a course already in progress, the communicated date is the date the scan was fulfilled (copy uploaded).
- Anniversaries are calculated in the same way using the original communicated date but are still live at the anniversary, 1 or 2 years after the communicated date falls into the monitoring period.
- Here is an example request course dates where this would apply based on the monitoring dates 17th December 2018 - 10th March 2019. The request reached its one year anniversary on 19th December 2018 as it was live beyond a year and fell into the monitoring dates given.
- If a request was copied in the monitoring period but is not yet live to students as the Start date has not yet been reached, this will be listed as COPIED in the exported.
- If the request was both COPIED and COMMUNICATED within the monitoring period it will appear as BOTH in the report exported.
Frequently asked questions:
Q. What is the difference between the full report and the CAL census report now available in my tenancy?
A. The CAL census report that is always available from your tenancy is part of the report that you will send to CA. The incidental artwork report is the extra feature that needs to be turned on to create a complete report.
Q. Why is this report only made available on request?
A. The incidental artwork report goes through all the requests in your tenancy for the selected time period and pulls together all those that have been flagged to include incidental artworks. As this report needs to check all the requests in your tenancy, it can slow down your system - this is why we only make it available just prior and during your reporting period.
Q. How do I get to the report once it's been enabled?
A. Once we have made the report available in your tenancy, you'll be able to download this report from your CAL census report area. Simply click the "Download" button and select the Incidental Artwork report for CSV or Excel.