This guide advises you how to revoke a role that has been accepted by a user on Talis Aspire Reading List.
A university user’s job or responsibilities may change and likewise the role they need on Talis Aspire Reading Lists may need to be removed. We refer to this as revoking a role.
An example might be a member of staff in the acquisitions team moving to an academic liaison librarian role. In this instance you may wish to revoke the Library Acquisition role and instead invite them to be a tenancy wide List Publisher.
Revoking a Role
- Access the All User Profile Report - This is in the Reports menu accessible from the main navigation when logged in.
- Search for the user by name - Adding the name to the Name search box and then click Filter results.
- Go to the users profile - Click on the users name to access their profile.
- Access roles: Select the Roles for user tab.
- Revoke role: For the role you need to revoke, click the Revoke button.
- Invite to a new role If the user does not already hold the other role/s they need, they will need to be sent an invite to their new role in Talis Aspire Reading Lists.
Q - Can I revoke a role that is not yet accepted?
A - No. Currently you can only revoke accepted roles, you cannot revoke an invite. Please check our ideas forum to raise or vote on ideas around this.
Q - Can I revoke just one list publisher role which is scoped to a particular list?
A - No. Currently if the user holds more than one List Publisher role for numerous lists, the revoke function is role based only. Revoking the role removes the role entirely for all lists and tenancy wide, not just for an individual list. We do have this listed as a candidate for continuous improvement.
Q - Can I delete a user from Talis Aspire Reading Lists?
A - No. Currently there is no ability to delete a user all together from Talis Aspire. Instead you simply revoke the existing roles for the user. If they user have left the institution completely, your authentication system will stop the user from being able to log in to Talis Aspire.