To request setup for the Primo discovery integration in your Talis Aspire instance, please supply firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- The URL of your main Primo landing page (where users search)
- Your Primo VID
- Your Primo API key
Once you supply us with this information, we will set you up with a test URL so you can check the integration works as you would like it to before releasing it to your users.
How to generate your Primo API Key
Go to https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/ and log in.
- Click on “Build My APIs” in the header and the “MANAGE KEYS” button in API Keys
- On the Manage API Keys screen, click “Add API Key” and give it a meaningful name and description (something about this being supplied to Talis Aspire)
- Ensure “enabled” is on
- Click “Add Permission”
- For “Area”, choose “Primo Search” and “Env” choose either your production or sandbox environment
- Do not choose “Guest Sandbox”. This can be “Read-only”. If the production or sandbox environments are not present, follow this guidance
Note: To complete the registration process to the API gateway, please open a Salesforce case with the following information:
- Title: Primo RestFul API registration
- In the description please include the following information:
- Organization name as you entered in the developer network registration
- Your Primo URL that the API gateway will work with
- Primo institution code
Once ExLibris support complete the registration process, you will be able to start using the API gateway.