Product Update Summary
We would like to update you on the progress of some of our key product development themes; click here to remind yourself of the Talis development focus.
List View Refresh
At Talis Insight Europe 2017, we shared details of the upcoming list view refresh in Talis Aspire Reading Lists. While we continue to work on delivering this over the summer, we wanted to share information with you from the team behind the update: Watch the video here
Following this if you have not already registered interest and would like to be involved, please let us know by raising a support ticket, in order for us to contact you as we start the gradual rollout.
Talis Insight Europe 2017
As always, what you share with each other adds so much value to the two days, resources to turn to time and time again. Check out Talis Aspire User Group Submissions for inspiration.
Here are some around academic engagement and growing services, with us gearing up to the a new academic year in Europe and Semester 2 in Asia-Pacific
- Reading Lists & Course Design: a gap & an opportunity - Daniel Croft, Academic Liaison Team Leader, Oxford Brookes University and Linda Coombs, Academic Liaison Librarian, Oxford Brookes University
- Transforming Teaching & Learning with ResourceLists@Bham Ann-Marie James, Academic Support Team Manager, University of Birmingham and Polly Harper, Subject Advisor, University of Birmingham
- Online Reading Lists: Encouraging Staff Engagement Allie Taylor, Academic Liaison Librarian, University of Worcester - Due to popular demand Allie is also running this presentation as a Webinar, please see our webinar section for details
Proquest Support for HTTPS
Customers are reporting that Proquest are moving from http to https across all platforms. See the following article: ProQuest Support for HTTPS
We believe from further responses direct to customers that http links will redirect to https so not requiring any link updating - but we encourage you to check these links, and report any issues.
Releases of interest
Stay up to date with our releases by regularly visiting our Product Update page where you can view all release information including all improvements or fixes released in Talis Aspire. This site is available from the top navigation bar on the Talis Support site. Releases that you may be particularly interested in are:
- Talis Aspire Digitised Content (TADC) - If you have enabled the functionality to allow an academic to upload their own copy of the scan into TADC, the academic will now have to enter the page numbers before the scan can be accepted.
- Talis Aspire Digitised Content (TADC) - The CLA advises that if a title is clearly published in the USA, licensees should use Check Permissions in conjunction with the list of International Mandating Publishers (IMPs) on their International Territories page. If it is published in the USA andthe publisher does not appear on the list of IMPs, then it is a CCC Electronic Rights work. We have made some changes to TADC to reflect this advice. More details
Our Community Contributions continue to grow. We cover a wide spectrum of topics from a time saving top-tips to making the most of Google Analytics. If you have something you wish to share with others then please let us know by raising a support ticket.
Newly added this month:
Talis Aspire Digitised Content (TADC) provides a streamlined way to request, and process digitised readings and link them into your reading lists. In this webinar, Dorothy Atherton from Nottingham Trent University explains how they successfully use both TARL and TADC to support their internal workflows.
Support articles of interest
Following our webinars on Rollover, best practice and what’s new! We have updated the frequently asked questions support articles.
Talis Aspire Reading Lists now supports bookmarking from over 260 different sources. You can see the full list of bookmarks that Talis supports in the following article, where can I bookmark from?
If you bookmark from a site and would like to see improvements, please raise a support ticket.
- Biochemical Journal
June's developer community newsletter - All about upcoming API webinars, Blackboard Building Block and Moodle Plugins. Don’t miss out on next month’s newsletter. To register to join our developer community, please email email@example.com.
Things to think about
Would you like to organise a review with the Talis team? This would be focusing on getting the most from Talis Aspire and ensuring Talis Aspire is working as efficiently as possible for your University. Please email Alison Spencer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to organise a time that works for you and your team to have a call.
To keep up to date with the latest work that Talis are doing, do check out our blog.