This feature enables the academic to direct students to a specific chapter or section of a book.
This article focuses on adding chapter information to a book already in your bookmarks.
How to add chapter information to a bookmark
- Open the book from your bookmarks or from the reading list, then click 'Edit metadata'. Note: you need to be logged in to see this option.
- Select the 'Add field' dropdown to see a list of available options.
- Select the ‘Has part (chapter, article, etc)' and click 'Add'. You will now have secondary tab where you can add the details of the chapter.
- From the 'Resource Type' drop down, select 'Chapter'.
- You can update the chapter title.
If you want to include other information on the chapter, use the 'Add field' feature to add the required fields.
For example page range:
For example chapter author:
Select 'Save' to update the bookmark with the added detail.
These details will be displayed when the student clicks into the resource or exports the citation into a reference management software. For those who also have Talis Aspire Digitised Content, these details will also be passed to Talis Aspire Digitised Content when requesting a digitisation.